Please don't use Incrementa CRM to send anything offensive, to promote anything illegal, or to harass anyone. You may not send:
- Pornography or other sexually explicit Emails
- Emails offering to sell illegal goods or services
- Emails that violate CAN-SPAM Laws
- Marketing or commercial email without permission
Some industries have higher-than-normal abuse complaints, which can in turn jeopardize the deliverability of our entire system. Nothing personal, but in order to maintain the highest delivery rates possible for all our customers, we can’t allow businesses that offer these types of services, products, or content:
- Escort and dating services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Work from home, make money on online, and lead generation opportunities
- Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market-related content
- Gambling services or products
- Multi-level marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Credit repair and get out of debt opportunities
- Mortgages and loans
- Nutritional, herbal, and vitamin supplements
- Adult novelty items or references
- List brokers or list rental services
If you send this sort of content, most email services providers won’t be able to help you. You might want to look into setting up your own mail server.
We work hard to keep our system clean, but we count on our customers to pitch in too. You may not:
- Send Spam. By "spam," we mean the definition on the Spamhaus website. In short, spam is "unsolicited bulk email."
- Put into your Email any material that wasn’t created by you, provided for you to use, or that would violate anyone's rights. That includes text, photos, graphics, and other content.
- Use any misleading or incorrect names, addresses, email addresses, subject lines, or other information on the Website or in any Emails created or sent using our Service.
- Share your password.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software on our Website, or in any way used or downloaded from the Website.
- Use any of the software on our Website, or downloaded from the Website, to create a competing product.
- Set up multiple accounts for any person or entity in order to send similar content, unless you’re part of a franchise.
- Import or incorporate any of this information into any lists, emails or uploads to our servers: Social Security numbers, passwords, security credentials, or sensitive personal information of any kind.
- Send transactional messages through Incrementa CRM, unless you use our Simple Transactional Service or Mandrill.
- Send email through Incrementa CRM that will be delivered to recipients as text, SMS, or MMS messages.
- Use an outside unsubscribe process.
- Upload or send to purchased lists, rented lists, or third-party lists of any kind. (Don't have a permission-based list yet? You can sign up for a Incrementa CRM account, complete the list setup step, and add a signup form to your website to grow your list.)
- Send content created in Incrementa CRM through another service.
- Host images on our servers for any purpose other than for use in your email campaigns.
- Delete, bulk unsubscribe, or otherwise modify your list in order to avoid our billing thresholds.
As an email service provider, we feel it's our responsibility to be extra vigilant about preventing spam-related abuse. It's also in our best interest to keep the system clean, because our reputation and deliverability depend on it. That’s why you may only use Incrementa CRM to send Emails to people and entities that either:
- Gave you written (including electronic) permission to send Emails to them, have not withdrawn that permission, and: gave you that permission in the past 12 months; or didn’t object to promotional content you sent them in the past 12 months.
- Gave you their name and email address in connection with a purchase, or negotiations to purchase, a product or service from you, have not opted out from receiving your emails, and either: purchased something from you or negotiated a purchase from you in the past 12 months; or didn’t object to promotional content you sent them in the past 12 months.
If you send Emails to a list and you get an unusual amount of SPAM complaints, ISPs will start blocking emails from your company. They’ll also ask Incrementa CRM to shut down your account ("ask" is putting it mildly). So if you don't have proof that every recipient on your list opted-in to receive your emails, or otherwise meets the requirements listed above, then don’t import the email addresses into Incrementa CRM.
Here are some steps you can take to avoid accidentally becoming a spammer or otherwise wreaking havoc on our system:
- Sending your first campaign to an old list? Some recipients won't remember you, and they’ll report you for spamming. Remind them who you are and how they got on your list in the first place. Here's how to reactivate inactive subscribers.
- Before importing a list into Incrementa CRM from another database, read and understand our permission rules. Remove any prospects or leads that didn’t explicitly request email marketing from you or otherwise meet the requirements in our Terms. Even if you're sending email marketing to customers that consented to receive your Email, you’re still required by law to allow them to opt out of your email marketing list (you may need to turn on that feature in your CRM tool).
Thanks for taking the time to read our Acceptable Use Policy. If you follow these guidelines, then you should have smooth sailing with your Incrementa CRM account.